Green Light Research Privacy Notice
Green Light Ltd is a UK-based market research agency. If you want to contact us regarding your data please use either of the following:
Data Controller: Fiona Jack, Managing Director; email@example.com; Tel: 020 3876 1512
We work with clients and organisations who require professional market research services. We comply with the Market Research Society's Code of Conduct to ensure transparent and ethical standards are maintained. We also comply with all current data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED:
The information that is passed to us, that you provided during the recruitment process and then during your participation in the research will be used by us only for the purposes of genuine market research projects. We will not share your data with parties other than our clients or to venues for the limited purpose of making sure you are expected and can be checked in when you attend a research session. We will request your express permission for anything other than this.
The legal basis upon which we process your data is your consent, which you may withdraw at any time as explained in the following sections. The special categories of personal data we may collect are limited to projects where it forms an essential part of the research and only where fully informed consent is given:
- Ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs
- Philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Health data
Green Light Research Limited will only pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of the research for which informed consent has been given as part of the processing activities.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION OF ANY ERRORS:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Green Light Research Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the final section of this Notice.
You may also contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request any further details of information we may hold about you and for help with exercising the other rights listed above. We will call you to confirm your identity as the person entitled to receive the data before we will release any information.
PROJECT DATA: This information relates to the projects you have taken part in only. We retain project data for a period of 3 years in our accessible files and a further back-up period of 6 months during which we do not have full access. Any identifying information provided to venues is subject to an agreement between Green Light and the venue for secure destruction upon completion of the fieldwork.
INCENTIVE PAYMENTS: If we (Green Light Research) have paid you your incentive electronically, we retain the records of the payment for a period of 7 years to comply with HMRC (tax) legal requirements.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES (OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA):
We transfer data to and from our processors in the USA, which is covered by the Privacy Shield Agreement, by technical and security measures together with encryption of data.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE (ICO):
We take the protection of your data very seriously and we want to know if you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle it. Please let us know of any issues you may have so that we can deal with them for you. If you are not happy with how we have handled your enquiry, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You will find their guidance on this here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.